Back to the Biscuit......

March 21, 2010
So, back in Cocoa Beach. Now to pack up/sell/trash all our possessions and drive it all cross country. Pretty straight forward. then comes the Bon Voyaging. Since we have a large group of family and friends in our home town, this could be tough. Especially with my appetite for grog when I get within 3 miles of the Beach Shack. Or Casablanca. Or Paddy's. Johnnies. Sheesh. Yes, we need to get out of town quick.....
our wonderful dive bar, literally right on the sand

I will miss this corner, many years spent here with the best of friends.

Three days later, I have done nothing but Bon Voyage with the crew. Samantha is totally house bound with a bronchitis thing she brought back from Cali, but she still manages to pack all day. Trooper. I resign myself to stay in and pack all day.... which I manage to do, but then every afternoon, "I hear da tunda cuz"......sunset at the Shack, start crushing Busch cans......next thing I know, It's 3:00 am and I'm staring at (insert friends name here), asking myself what the hell is going on. Rinse and repeat for another 3 days/nights. Too many friends, and my adult supervision is stuck at home sick. Not good.
don't ask

Sam did manage some Bon Voyaging of course

Thank god for my wife and her schedule. She powers through the packing with more motivation than I have to get back to Discovery, while I whimper and snivel that we can't make our set departure date and we should push our departure back a day. She squashes this. I persuade our buddy Bman to helps us pack with the misconception that we will get hammered at the Shack afterwards. He packs the Jeep like he's playing Tetris on meth. Not enough room. We get hammered anyway. (coda to 3:00am scenario). Next day I get a U Haul trailer and my wife and I re-pack more sensibly, say are final goodbyes, and were off!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Memory foam dreams

Engine goes in